Sunday, October 13, 2013




Go ahead... make a wish. 
 You know you want to. 
 Wouldn't it be great if life were that easy?  Find an old dandelion, close your eyes, make a wish -- wait for it to be granted.  But life doesn't work that way, "fair" is where you get cotton candy - and wishes?  They're better worked for anyway. 


I'm not even sure where to start other then to say -- welcome to the new blog!  After almost a year away, I found that I really missed having a place to find my "voice", to commemorate all the special moments, to share my ideas, and sometimes to vent them.  I had intended all along to go back to the old blog - it served me well for five years.  In the end I decided that it was filled with too many hurts.  There was too much sadness there, and since we're trying to focus on the good -- what we needed was a fresh start, a clean slate.  Thus, this little blog was born.  



The kids are growing up, faster then you would ever think possible.  Back to school this year brought with it the onslaught of September scheduling that can make your head spin after a lazy summer of spur of the moment living.  But before we knew it October was in the air, and the near constant running was starting to feel normal.  



For records sake - we have two sixth graders, one third grader and a first grader at our small Catholic School this fall.  The baby started preschool and after a LOT of tears, and a night full of denial, and begging to scrap the whole idea until next year -- I finally was willing to drop her off. 


We both survived, and I have found that a few hours to myself are really incredible in regard to the amount I am suddenly able to get done.  September may have had us running all over - between gymnastics, and dance, and football, and dance, and school, and dance, and fall baseball, and dance, cub scouts, and dance, and youth choir, and dance, and alter server training, and dance.  Oh yes and there was dance.  But things are settling in now and I can't wait to see the good that can be in found in that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment